Hi Glen, Deepal,

All we needed was a way to get notified when a certain context get created
in the system. I think we didn't go for the ContextListener method becoz of
possible performance drawbacks. But it absolutely was my preference. Would
be glad if we can get that introduced.

Chamikara

On 5/4/07, Glen Daniels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> I really like the idea, but one of the reason to introduce that factory
> was to support clustering requirements. They wanted to have a single
> place of creating all the Contexts , then they have only one place to
> worry about. They wanted to have some triggering mechanism when when
> creating Contexts that is why we introduced that.

Hm... and yet that doesn't seem to happen, because everything right now
uses ContextFactory directly, and I don't see any hooks in there for
supporting notifications, just a bunch of static methods.  ?

I'll go read those threads (thanks for the pointers), but I think there
are perhaps better ways to achieve the goals than a static factory
class, depending on exactly what the requirements are.  For example:

ConfigurationContext {
     public void setContextListener(ContextListener);
}

then every sub-context create method does something like this:

ServiceContext {
   public OperationContext createOpContext(AxisOperation) {
     if (myConfigContext.hasContextListener()) {
       // Either ask the listener to get the context itself,
       // or just notify it, etc... then return it.
     } else {
       return new OperationContext(AxisOperation, this);
     }
   }
}

Thanks,