Hi,
+1 for  SenderFault & ReceiverFault.. This gives us more control of
the Faults in the MessageReceivers level...

>> * Then in the AxisServlet (line 385) when using SOAP12 we are setting
>> the response http status code to BAD_REQUEST(400) if the FaultCode is
>> sender which was the result of the SOAPFault with http-400...
>
> According to RFC2616 HTTP 400 is the correct HTTP status code if the
> fault is with the client. Also according to SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding[2]
> status code should be 400 when the fault code is Sender
I completely agree with this... I stated this just to clarify the path.. :)

> I think this can be a bug in Axis2 code as status code 400 doesn't mean
> it should not process this.

+1, we should definitely be looking for SOAP faults unless there's a
known code like 404.  But we need to make sure we handle HTML responses
from servers too if at all possible.
+1 for trying to process those... But we might need to be careful
about the situations where there will be just a HTTP-Error code...

BTW what's our policy when mapping the transport level errors to the
SOAPFaults.. I mean what we put in to code, reason, details, etc....
We are trying to come up with a generic javascript error object[1] for
the WSRequest specification. Just curious about how Axis2 handles it
as one of our WSRequest implementations is done on top of Axis2...

Thanks,
Thilina

[1] http://www.wso2.org/wiki/display/mashup/Ideas+for+evolving+WSRequest

Thanks,