Folks,

Since we delayed the release of Synapse 1.1.1 for a week to include the HttpComponents 4.0-beta1 release, I made use of this time to implement a feature requested by one of our users - Enhanced Mail support (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-189)

As I am confident that the new Email transport is in a very good state, and since it offers many enhancements over the previous mail implementation, I am going to check this code into Synapse to be included into the 1.1.1 release this week. (I plan to check this code into Axis2 as well, before its next major release). I also hope to document this transport in more detail in the coming weeks and will let you know any links, but I have added a sample, a fair amount of unit tests that cover many cases including SOAP11/12/POX, pop3/imap, SSL/TLS, Encodings etc are already in place for anyone to peek. I will also answer any queries on the Synapse-dev/user lists on this as well

asankha