Ah I forgot about the commons-dev aspect. Maybe its easier to avoid yet another list and use commons-dev .. so I'm fine with what you proposed.

Sanjiva.

Glen Daniels wrote:
Hey Sanjiva:

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
Glen, why ws/commons/transports? Why not ws/transports??

We've moved away from commons in Axiom etc. - that is, packages no longer say that and IMO that's better.

The package names don't matter - I'm talking about organization of the project. Axiom, Neethi, etc. are all under webservices/commons in SVN, and they all use commons-dev for discussion. Since commons is a place to put common components that are used across the WS universe (and elsewhere), that made sense to me as a place to put transports.

I'm fine with webservices/transports too, although I still think they would actually make the most sense as separately buildable/deployable artifacts under axis2/.

If we're all in agreement for webservices/transports, let's do that, and I guess we should kick off [EMAIL PROTECTED] too.

--Glen

Deepal jayasinghe wrote:
Glen Daniels wrote:
[ Please refer to this thread for context :
  http://markmail.org/message/lg3giq5kj74gjnxb
]

OK, let me make a concrete proposal here.

I hereby propose that we kick off a ws-commons "transports" project. As with the other ws-commons projects, this would have its own release schedule. All current ws-all committers would have commit rights, and we'd add anyone from the Synapse team that would like to work on transports, and isn't already a committer.
+1 for making a commons project for Axis2 transports. This will help both Axis2 and other dependent projects such as Synapse.

Each transport within ws-commons Transports would be a separate releasable artifact, i.e. "org.apache.ws.transports.jms" etc... and each such transport would be releasable on its own with an appropriate VOTE of the ws-commons committers.
Personally I would like to download all the transport as a single jar , but I do not mind releasing them separately as long as you give single jar as well.

Thank you!
Deepal

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.