From: Hemant Borole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:44 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can a web service be deployed on a server that is not an
application server

Back to basics. Web service is any service that can be provided over
web, meaning via the http protocol. So it even need not be SOAP. (Soap
is a layer over http). So if you build anything that can handle http
requests, that could be as good as a web service. (I haven't heard of
any "web" service over bare TCP/IP).
So if you have a legacy client / server app that is able to listen to
http then you can add web services to your app.

Thanks and Regards
Hemant