Hello *,

we're getting the error "Error: Maintain Session is enabled but none of the
session properties (Cookies, Over-written URL) are returned." when we're
trying to use the same HTTP session over two different web service client
proxies. Both proxies point to web services on the same webserver under
different paths (a la http://example.org/service1 and
http://example.org/service2). The Set-Cookie2 from the first service has a
path of "/", so the cookie is valid for the second web service as well.

The problem is that even though we copy the cookie from the first proxy to
the second proxy via the requestContext, Axis thinks there is no valid
session in the second proxy since the second web service returns no cookie
via Set-Cookie.

The problem is, if I analyze this correctly, that the second proxy uses its
own ServiceContext, that is not shared with the ServiceContext of the first
proxy. The value we store in the requestContext is only used in the
request, but not copied into the ServiceContext. Therefore on return of the
call from the server, when Axis tries to set up the requestContext for the
next call, this exception is raised, because it doesn't find the cookie in
the ServiceContext. This set-up of the next  request happens in
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.BindingProvider.setupSessionContext(), where the
exception is raised.

The question now is, do you know of a workaround? Preferably one using only
JAX-WS features, so that we're not getting an explicit dependency on Axis.

In abstract terms, we would need the ability to
* create the first proxy
 * make the first call
 * extract the session state (aka "sessionValue" in terms of the method
setupSessionContext) from the proxy
* persist the session state

When making the call to the second web service, we want to
* load the session state from our persistent store
* create the second proxy
* set the session state for this proxy
* make the second call

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03