This is an interesting scenario.

Axis2, by design, requires every message to be associated with a service and
an operation. And this is checked in the dispatching phase. If you don't
have operations defined, then you might have to hack a little bit. IIRC, you
can now add handlers before the dispatching phase.

I'm forwarding this message to dev list also, so that people over there
knows better than I do about this.

Thanks,
Chinthaka