Hi Deepal:

Deepal jayasinghe wrote:
As I mentioned in the JIRA, I did a local fix and get  that working,
however most of the java2wsdl and some runtime code generation tests
failed. So I did not commit the changes. My changes only involve in
SchemaGenerator, and it is very simple fix. Only thing is to make sure
you get the test cases working. Currently for any input type it sets
minoccurs to 0 , so you just need to change that to 1.

So you're saying we shouldn't support optional parameters, and therefore we should be throwing an exception for missing parameters? And we shouldn't be able to pass null values? Hmm...

I think we should be able to be as expressive and simple as possible in making our schemas align with the Java structure - and supporting missing wire parameters which will become null values for Object types certainly seems reasonable toward that end.

In other words, IMO we should support on the server side:

Type            Result if missing       Schema
primitive       exception               minOc=1
Object          null                    minOc=0

Also, this way if the client wants to send a null there's a way to do it (don't include the param).

This doesn't seem that hard to do, and I think it makes for nicer REST URLs and SOAP messages in some cases.

Thoughts?

--Glen