In running performance tests with Rampart I've found that just having the Rampart module engaged on the client appears to cause the OM to be expanded for every message, even if no WS-Security processing is required. This results in a major performance hit. The whole point of AXIOM is supposed to be to avoid doing this kind of unnecessary expansion, and there's no reason for the OM to be expanded unless the SOAP:Body is being signed or encrypted.

I thought I'd seen some reference to this in the past, but I assumed it'd been corrected. I don't see anything in Jira that looks relevant. Is this a known issue?

 - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java XML and Web Services