On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veit...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to have more information about the status of two
> components of adb(-codegen):
>
> 1) SOAP encoding support for ADB (see [1]). Last status that I see is
> that it is incomplete [2] or unsupported [3]. Can somebody clarify
> this? Note that the code that implements this is largely based on
> generated code that has been modified by hand afterwards. There seems
> to be no information on how one would regenerate these classes, making
> them almost unmaintainable.

yes. It is not complete.
The generated code is for the data types in the soap encoding schema.  I had
to manually change some code since soap encoding does not necessarily follow
the xml schemas. So it is not mean to regenerate.

> 2) "Helper mode" for ADB. In this mode, the schema compiler splits the
> bean and the parser/serializer code into different classes. While this
> is a nice feature, it seems to be obsolete [4] or deprecated [5]. At
> least the corresponding part of the template is not up to date. The
> specific problem here is that the test coverage of this feature is
> zero, again making it unmaintainable. So we should either update this
> feature and have an appropriate level of test coverage or scrap it.

As I see no one currently use this feature and it is obsolete.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi