I'm a Axis2 user, I'm wonder with this mail and  getting doubt about quality
of the project ? AFAIK Apache always keep good quality with high performance
with their projects but I'm not sure Axis2 try to keep that policy or try to
loose it ?

It seems like Axis2 becoming a project maintaining by set of people elected
based on some other criteria instead of the Apache way.If a student can be a
commiter by providing patches for one issue plus very few number of mailing
list hits like this  what it will implies to us ?

BTW fortunately there are some other WS projects to move , like CXF with the
Apcahe brand also that maintained by good professionals :)