I'd think at least this Jira should be addressed before a 1.5.1 release: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4434 Another documentation issue is that the documentation on transports is no longer accurate, and should either be corrected (presumably by pointing to the transports project location... if there is one) or deleted.

My personal preference would also be to make Axis2 1.5.1 available as an RC rather than a full release until at least preliminary builds of transports and Rampart are available to work with 1.5.1. Otherwise, the Axis2 download page should warn users that the release has limited functionality until these other projects are available.

 - Dennis

Glen Daniels wrote:
(resend with corrected URL)

Hi Axis Developers,

I've put up what will hopefully be our 1.5.1 release, with a few key fixes as
follows:

    *  Fix for the dreaded "CLOSE_WAIT" problem (JIRA issues 935, 2883, etc).
We now share an instance of HTTPClient across each ConfigurationContext (i.e.
each Axis2 server or ServiceClient) - connection reuse is now automatic. This
means the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT flag is no longer necessary or useful, nor is
creating your own MultithreadedHttpConnectionManager.
    * Transport deployer is now actually functional, and getListenerManager()
in ConfigurationContext now creates a new LM if there isn't one already.
    * Fix for AXIS2-4034, module versions now support real versions like "1.5.1"
    * NPE problem (see AXIS2-4114) fixed in MessageContext while retrieving
policy.

This mail kicks off a VOTE for the release, with the usual 72-hour window for
votes.

You can find the distribution files in here:

http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo/org/apache/axis2/distribution/1.5.1/

And the M2 repository with everything is at:

http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo

The SVN tag is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/tags/java/v1.5.1RC

...and I'll add a proper "v1.5.1" tag as soon as this release goes final.

Please offer your VOTE(and indicate binding/non-binding).

Here's my +1 (binding).

Many thanks,
--Glen