thanks for the education.

-- dims

On 08/20/2009 12:24 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
+1; the response to changing a public API shouldn't be a request to create a
unit test to retain the API! Unit tests aren't meant to "save an API";
they're meant to test behavior.

Sanjiva.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Afkham Azeez<afk...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Creating a unit test is one thing which we can do, but Axis2 has so
many public methods, and it is not reasonable at this moment to ask
anybody to create unit tests for each of these public methods. I guess
there is a purpose in the widely used practice of deprecating methods.
Imagine if the other projects that we widely use make such ad-hoc API
changes, and when we complain, if they ask us to write a unit test for
their APIs; it is not reasonable. We do not want to make life
complicated for everybody.

Azeez

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Davanum Srinivas<dava...@gmail.com>