If I understand you correctly, you want the server
side to call a service on the client side? It's
possible but not practical. Primarily because the
server side is now suddenly a client, and has to know
every client IP that is accessing it. How do you deal
with proxies and dynamic IPs? You are going to have a
very hard time guaranteeing all client sides that your
server side can call them.

It sounds like what you should probably do is "poll"
the server for some sort of update, and on the server
side keep a database (or in memory) table of updates
that specific clients should get data from if its
available.

However, it's not entirely possible to do this... if
you happen to have a central server and you want
internal clients to be known by the server, that is
possible. For example, a rendering farm may have a
central server that a single client puts a "task" on
to it. The task could be broken down into sub-tasks
that the server then hands off to clients to carry
out. There are any number of setups like this, this is
just one example. Remote administration of a cluster
of J2EE servers is another example, where at least one
server that you remote to is aware of all the servers
in the cluster, or even enterprise.