Gregory G Carter wrote:
Hello,

I have Axis up and running, and have done some examples but I am really interested to know how I can return a JDBC result set from a web service, and what exactly is involved in the client end.

Has anyone attempted to obtain result sets of JDBC queries from a web service?

-gc

Hi,

I have implemented a web service which updates and selects values from a MySQL database, and executes the transport to a client via Axis/SOAP.

In the web service are "prepared statements" with the variables in the prepared statement are filled from / stored into an int[] array which is transported between client pc and server (Tomcat/Axis/MySQL).

Needed a lot of trying and testing, because there is no comprehensive How To (if you discover one, lease let me know..)

rgds
Axel