Good questions, I would like to know too ...

In addition, is wrapped doc/literal Axis specific? It doesn't seem to be standard JAX-RPC. I guess my bigger question is: Is it possible to have RPC-like web services (exposing lots of methods the client can call) and use doc/literal encoding? If so, what's the approach?

Tim

Soti, Dheeraj wrote:
Hi,

I have to expose our middle-tier (J2EE) APIs as web service which will be consumed by a .NET clients (and possibly Java clients as well). I came across an article _http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/_ that explained all the possible styles beautifully but also raised few questions in mind. I will appreciate if someone will share his experience with me.

    * WS-I says no to RPC/encoded but as per the article it has some
      benefits like Polymorphism and datagraph which is true in my
      business case as well. I have a class that can have members of
      itself. Will I have problems using doc/literal(wrapped)
    * WS-I also advises not to use overloaded methods but doesn't that
      put additional load on client. For example I have a method
      createContent(Content ct). I have 3 different implementations of
      Content so I'll have to add three methods
      createContentofType1/2/3. Or should I consider this as a tradeoff
      for being interop?

Thanks

Dheeraj