dims,

It seems that this issue doesn't relate only to derived types, but to
the beanMapping as supplied by the server-config.wsdd...

In axis 1.1, axis would write out all the objects mapped in the
server-config.wsdd... for instance, if you had this in your
server-config.wsdd:

    <service name="TestAxis" provider="java:RPC">
      <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*" />
      <parameter name="className" value="test.TestObj" />
      <beanMapping qname="myNS:Test1" xmlns:myNS="myns:Test1"
languageSpecificType="java:test.Test1" />
      <beanMapping qname="myNS:Test2" xmlns:myNS="myns:Test2"
languageSpecificType="java:test.Test2"/>
    </service>

the output wsdl would write a type for both the Test1 and Test2
objects...

in Axis 1.2rc3, this is no longer true.  Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
-Clint