Hi

I'm setting up a web using Axis 1.2 RC3 using castor for
(De)serialization as described in
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-castor/
as I want to use the castor XML validation.

When I run the example supplied I get the following I get the following
response

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <getStockQuoteResponse xmlns="http://comindico.com.au/sqtest";>
            <quote xsi:type="quote">
               <symbol>IBM</symbol>
               <volume>979012312</volume>
               <lastTrade>
                  <price>678.0</price>
                  <date>1115179465600</date>
               </lastTrade>
               <change>
                  <dollar>678.0</dollar>
                  <percent>300.0</percent>
                  <positive>true</positive>
               </change>
            </quote>
         </getStockQuoteResponse>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

I am relatively new to Web Service and Axis but my understanding is that
this is a wrapped service
and that the xsi:type coded in the <quote> element should not be there
as the WSDL specifies literal.

When I use the Axis Bean (De)serialization this is not present.

Can anyone tell me
1. If this is correct/incorrect behaviour
2. If this will cause any interop issues
3. If there is a fix or work around for this

I've had a browse in the lists but can't find anything on this.

/Clement