John Windberg wrote the following on 18.5.2005 3:28:
I'm writing client code against Autodesk Vault web
services which are .Net code within an IIS instance.
After a series of calls I start getting "out of
sockets" or "access denied" errors, which seem to be
caused because IIS on this XP instance has a limited
number of available connections.
I'm only calling one at a time. Why would my
connections not be getting closed?

This is just an idea, but could it be because HTTP 1.1 connections have a time out of 300 seconds by default? The socket level connection is not terminated as the response is read from the socket, but left open in case the same socket is used again sortly. This is a HTTP 1.1 way of not creating a new socket with each HTTP call. Are you using the same socket instance or creating a new one with each call? If you wait for approximately 300 seconds, can your client again make the calls succesfully?

--
Marko Sormunen, M.Sc.
Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]