Dear List,

this may well be an often-asked question but I did not find any entries
in the FAQ-List or did not look under the right subject, so here goes:

>From a webservice server I receive a response envelope starting like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>

Now I think the namespace declaration is equivalent to a versioning, right?
My application asks Axis to deserialize the response and Axis throws an
exception like below. Is there a way to tell Axis how to deal with this
kind of response? I am using axis1.1 (have tried 1.2, but same result).

It works ok if the response starts like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-envelope";>

Thanks for any pointers,
Markus

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}VersionMismatch
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Version Mismatch
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Version Mismatch
        at
org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(EnvelopeBuilder.java:102)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1048)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)