I recall seeing serializers/deserializers in axis for maps and collections
so I suspect that this will work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chandu Koppella [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 2:48 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Using Axis With Weblogic

Hi Mark
 Thanks for your suggestion..I will try to wrap a java class and see what
happens..The document that i have checked ragarding manually deploying
webservices in weblogic is specific to weblogic9.0.
  I have done the same thing what they suggested in that document in
weblogic 8.1. but in ejb-jar.xml the <service-endpoint> is not recognised by
the Doctype i mentioned in the xml file...Later on i came to know that in
EJB 2.1 the ejb-jar.xml will not have a DOCTYPE.It will have the XML schema
instead..( the example given in document uses XML Schema)...I checked out
weblogic 8.1 documentation and came to know that it is not EJB 2.1
complaint..
  Anyways i never thought developing web services will turn out a night mare
for me...I appreciate your suggestion..that makes sense ....
  A quick question... is it possible to expose a method  in java class/ EJB
which returns a java.util.Map ? because most of the methods in the EJB that
i am planning to convert to webservice returns Map,Collection etc..(they are
interfaces)....IF it is not possible then i will try to write a wrapper
class ro return specific data types like HashMap...etc..

Thanks Once Again
Chandu

Mark Ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I've seen this work on weblogic 8.1 where the endpoint being exposed
was
        packaged as a regular java class. My assumption is that if it works
as a
        regular java class on 8.1, it should work as an ejb - although I
could in
        fact be wrong. The difference between the two is minor when it comes
to the
        WS4EE specific packaging files. Perhaps someone else on this list or
        weblogic specific list could shed more light. If for some reason
your ejb
        can't be exposed through this facility (perhaps due to a bug in
weblogic 8.1
        or lack of support) then it seems trivial to introduce a simple java
class
        that you could expose as a web service and have that class access
the bean.

        Good luck.