On 2 Jun 2005, at 12:27, Andreas Bohnert wrote:

hi list,
I found a bug if the common http client is used. this bug can be reproduced with 1.2 final and 1.2.1 nightly build.
with 1.2RC3 it works fine!

with new releases I can't call my webservice from my client anymore. I get this:
[ ... content length related trace ... ]

This sounds like what I found:

"The problem is that, because
CommonsHTTPSender.MessageRequestEntity#getContentLength() is defined to
only return a content-length when the HTTP version is 1.0 *and* no
exception is thrown from message.getContentLength(), then it will not
even try if the HTTP version is 1.1. The upshot of this is that a
Transfer-Encoding: chunked header is set on the request."

 (see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=111523156110949&w=2)

should I but this in the bug database?

I think you should. I didn't put it in because it only affected me and I patched the src to work round it. It's also technically ok, I think, but from what you've found it seems like it might not or it might make sense to always default to sending content-length; I can't see any reason why Transfer-Encoding: chunked is the default.

--
Mike http://www.houseofmoran.com/blog/