From: James Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 6/6/2005 3:17 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: import schema to wsdl

If I make the changes below will I have to specify anything else in the wsdl or
in wsdl2java to get wrapped-literal style?

Quoting James Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So I should just chang change types:bookFlightsRequest to types:bookFlights
> and
> reflect this in the external schema, will I have to change <input
> message="tns:bookFlightsReq" /> <input message="tns:bookFlights" /> also?
>
> ...heres the bit of the wsdl that would have to be changed...
>
> <portType name="IBookFlightsPort">
>               <operation name="bookFlights">
>                       <input message="tns:bookFlightsReq" />
>                       <output message="tns:bookFlightsResp" />
>               </operation>
>       </portType>
>

>       <types>
>               <xsd:schema
>                       xmlns:xsd = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
>                       elementFormDefault = "qualified"
>                       targetNamespace =
> "http://ie.tcd/taylorjw/flightbooking";>
>                       <xsd:import namespace =
> "http://ie.tcd/taylorjw/flightbooking";
> schemaLocation="BookFlights.xsd"/>
>                       <xsd:import namespace =
> "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; />
>
>               </xsd:schema>
>       </types>
>
>       <message name="bookFlightsReq">
>       <part name="parameters" element="types:bookFlightsRequest" />
>       </message>
>
>       <message name="bookFlightsResp">
>           <part name="parameters" element="types:bookFlightsResponse" />
>       </message>
>
>       <portType name="IBookFlightsPort">
>               <operation name="bookFlights">
>                       <input message="tns:bookFlightsReq" />
>                       <output message="tns:bookFlightsResp" />
>               </operation>
>       </portType>
>

> Quoting Anne Thomas Manes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > James,
> >
> > If you want an interface that accepts parameters rather than an
> > object, then you must define your WSDL so that it matches the
> > "wrapped" convention. What that means is that your input message
> > element name must be identical to your operation name. Currently your
> > input message element name is bookFlightsRequest and your operation
> > name is bookFlights. If you fix it so that they are the same, it
> > should give you what you want.
> >
> > Anne
> >
> > On 6/6/05, Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > In general, I wouldn't let Axis provide a WSDL file. Tell it to use your
> > > WSDL file by adding a <wsdlFile> element to the WSDD file before you
> deploy
> > > so you wind up with something like:
> > >
> > > <deployment
> > >     xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/";
> > >     xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java";>
> > >
> > >   <wsdlFile>/MyService.wsdl</wsdlFile>
> > >
> > >   <service name="...
> > >

> > > Put MyService.wsdl in <Tomcat>\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes
> > >
> > > You will want to edit MyService.wsdl so that the endpoint near the end of
> > > the file is something that clients can connect instead of:
> > >     http://localhost:9081/AxisWeb/services/BookFlightsSOAPPort
> > >

> > > Jeff

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is confidential and is intended only
for the individual(s) named.  If you are not the intended recipient, please let
us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; do not copy/save this
e-mail or disclose its contents to anyone.  E-mail transmissions cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as the transmission could be interrupted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, altered, arrive late or contain viruses.
ObjectWave does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this e-mail which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  The
views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of ObjectWave
or its affiliates.

<<winmail.dat>>