Dims,

i'm glad you're asking :)

Simple Client/Server Architecture with the ability to send XML data. It does not need to be a Web Service - but for reasons of accessibility (in the meaning of firewalls, corporate proxies etc.), it should be something a proxy/firewall can handle => HTTP

There are multiple types of clients, all Java:
- two web applications
- standalone clients
- osgi services

Axis should be fine with all this, and beside the fact that i'm a newbie, my impression on Axis is as follows:

- Axis tries to fit everyone and everything - that's okay for interoperability - After having problems with generated classes and typemapping, I switched to "wsdl first": Importing a business model schema, which itself imports a third party schema -> Namespace problems - Code Generation via Ant task doesn't seem to support all settings, so I tried to directly use the wsdl2java generator -> type mapping problems
- I still have no idea where the client is loading client-config.wsdd from.

regards
Mike

Davanum Srinivas schrieb:
Mike,

What i am asking is - what are ur requirements?

-- dims