hi

I keep reading about a war file - do i need to create this as well?

Thanks for your help

From: Woodchuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: deploying web service
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:55:35 -0700 (PDT)

hihi,

the deploy/undeploy.wsdd are not needed in production.  they are used
to generate the server-config.wsdd

the server-config.wsdd goes into your webapp/WEB-INF folder (same as
your web.xml deployment descriptor file)

if you have web services working on your local machine, deploying it on
'the network' requires no change to your web service.  you should be
able to just copy your entire web service app to your network server
and have it work just the same.  only the clients who access the web
service needs to change, they need to know where the new location of
your web service is (eg. the proxy/stub classes if you're using any).

hth,
woodchuck

--- Plorks mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've developeed a web service on my local PC.
>
> I now need to deploy this to our network so it can be used.
>
> Can someone point to an example of deploying a webservice to tomcat.
> I've
> read a few articles but they don't seem to be relevant/quite complex
> understand
>
> I have my deploy/undeploy/server-cofig wsdd and my wsdl - i just
> don't know
> where to put them and what to change once they are on the network e.g
> the
> endpoint in the wsdl file
>
> Also, i don't understand how the web service will see the java files.
>  It
> works on my PC i have a project with packages and java files in each
> and my
> web service can see them
>
> Sorry for my dumb questions
>
> Thanks for any help

> It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
> http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://messenger.msn.co.uk