Hey all,

i think i've got another problem with use/style/wrapped/literal/rpc stuff. Perhaps someone can explain to me.

I get the following answer from a web service, and want to deserialize the "ServerStatus" object, but it fails. A typemapping for ServerStatus is in client-config.wsdd. However, I get an Exception while Axis tries to deserialize the "VersionString" with SimpleDeserializer. I don't know why, but shouldn't there be a <ServerStatus>...</ServerStatus> around the elements?

I have [provider="java:RPC" style="wrapped" use="literal"] in my server-config.wsdd. encodingStyle of all typeMappings is "".

The client-config.wsdd doesn't contain style or use information, but the rpc client does this:

      call.setOperationStyle(Style.WRAPPED);
      call.setOperationUse(Use.LITERAL);

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<soapenv:Body>
<getServerStatusResponse
xmlns="mynamespace">
<getServerStatusReturn>

<!-- missing ServerStatus element??? -->

<VersionString>Server/0.0.2</VersionString>
<NumberLicenses>1</NumberLicenses>
<NumberQueries>0</NumberQueries>
<NumberRequests>0</NumberRequests>
<UptimeSince>-PT1.531S</UptimeSince>

<!-- missing ServerStatus element??? -->

</getServerStatusReturn>
</getServerStatusResponse>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>