thanks for that. I'm using JAXRPCHandler though as Axis BasicHandler doesn't seem to be able to be used as a client-side handler. The jaxrpc MessageContext is almost empty and has almost no functionality compared with the Axis version. I converted the jaxrpc handler to BasicHandler but the HandlerRegistry won't load it - it's added at run time.

Alistair