Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Juni 2005 20:23
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: wsdl2java: what to do with client-side (re-)generated java bean
classes

I have a Swing application that is also a client of a web service I
created. That Swing client uses several Java Bean classes, which are
also used as arguments/return types in the said web service. When I use
wsdl2java to generate client-side web service stubs, source code for
these JavaBean data beans is also re-generated, so the client
application ends up with 2 copies for each JavaBean:

-one in hand-written application.beans package, and
-one in wsdl2java-generated application.wsgenerated package.

Since the Swing part of my client app makes use of the application.beans
package, I'd like to be able to pass *those* JavaBeans as args to web
service operations. Is that reasonable? However, generated javaBean
sources have some axis-added static methods not present in original
JavaBeans  - such as getSerializer and getDeserializer. Does that mean
that using hand-coded JavaBeans as args to webservice is not the right
way to go, and I must use the generated source? If not, how do I
reconcile having 2 versions of source code on client-side for my JavaBeans?

thanks
-nikita