--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> John,
>
> I'm just learning Axis for client-side, also, but I'm using JMS transport
> instead of HTTP so I'm not sure how similar our setups are.  However, if
> you look at the user-guide.html that is in the /docs folder of the Axis
> 1.2.1 download, it gives an example of configuring the Call object--I
> believe the "Configuring Client Handlers" page you mention is referring to
> these settings.  (See the section titled "Consuming Web Services with
> Axis".)

Hi Meghan, thanks for the reply.

I see the example in the Axis User's Guide that you're talking
about. My impression was that, that code was an example of writing
a client *without* using the WSDL2Java utility to get you started.
If you're writing a client from scratch, then yes, it looks like
you're supposed to be using and configuring a Call object.

Though, my hunch is that it's supposed to be even better. My hunch
is that when you use WSDL2Java to get you started writing your client,
it takes care of all that Call configuring: in your client, you just
instantiate an object and start calling methods, passing in Java
objects and primitives not even having to think about configuring a
Call object -- not even explicitly *using* a Call object.

I'm hoping someone on this list will either say, "John -- you're
totally not understanding this. It works like so..." or, "John,
you're exactly right -- that's the whole point.".

:)

---John

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs