Thanks for the speedy reply Simon. Looks like my idea of throwing a custom exception indicating where the client shouild redirect will be the way to go then.

From: "Simon Fell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Subject: RE: WS design question, redirection
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:26:02 -0700

Today there is no standard way to do a redirect that all (or even most)
WS clients will understand. Some tools will follow a HTTP redirect, some
will not. At one point I had hopes that WS-Addressing would enable this
kind of functionality, but I think they decided this kind of scenario
was out of scope for WS-A.

Cheers
Simon