Hi,

  I'm receiving a custom SOAP fault in my client, with various
application-specific error data items in the fault's "details" section. When
using the JAX-RPC/JAXM APIs, I get a null details object:

SOAPMessage response = ..call the service using JAXM..

if (response.getSOAPBody().hasFault()) {
    Detail detail = response.getSOAPBody().getFault().getDetail();
    if (detail == null) {
        System.out.println("Detail is null!");
    } else {
        ..output the details object..

But when casting the SOAPFault to a "org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFault" then
using the Axis-specific APIs (e.g. getFault().getFaultDetails()) on the same
response, I do get the XML I'm expecting.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

Chris Nappin
Technical Architect

ABM United Kingdom Limited
Telephone: +44 (0) 115 977 6999
Facsimile: +44 (0) 115 977 6850
Web: http://www.abm-uk.com

ABM for Intelligent Solutions

CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVILEGE NOTICE

This e-mail is confidential to its intended recipient. It may also be
privileged. Neither the confidentiality nor any privilege attaching to this
e-mail is waived lost or destroyed by reason that it has been mistakenly
transmitted to a person or entity other than its intended recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by telephone or fax at
the numbers provided above or e-mail by Reply To Author and return the printed
e-mail to us by post at our expense. We believe, but do not warrant, that this
e-mail and any attachments are virus-free, but you should check. We may monitor
traffic data of both business and personal e-mails. We are not liable for any
opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business e-mail. If you do
not receive all the message, or if you have difficulty with the transmission,
please telephone us immediately.