You could RTFM for a start :) Axis isn't really at the level of sophistication
where you can use it without understanding how SOAP is supposed to work. I
know, I've tried to use it as a black box and failed.  So you need to google
for a tutorial on the different arrangements of SOAP messages. Hints from this
list may be more useful to you once you understand the background.

I don't know how Eclipse uses Axis, but in general you'd need to proceed as
follow.

1. Write the WSDL contract for the service. Use an XML editor, or a text
editor if that's all you've got. Make it doc/literal.

2. Run WSDL2Java on the WSDL contract; Eclipse may be able to do this for you.
This generates Java beans that match the XML structures in your contract and
Axis stubs that know how to use those beans.

3. Among the generated classes will be a service-definition interface: a Java
interface that must be implemented in both your client and your service.
Methods of the interface take and return the generated Java beans. The
client-side stubs generated in the previous step already implement this
interface. You need to provide a class that implements this interface in the
service.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Plorks mail wrote:

> so how can i redeig myservce to work correctly with doc/lit and axis
>

> >From: Guy Rixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> >Subject: RE: xml with strange characters
> >Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:34:38 +0100 (BST)
> >
> >On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Plorks mail wrote:
> >

> > > I use document/literal sytle
> >
> >You MIS-use it. In fact, you mis-use Axis in a way that causes Axis to
> >mis-use
> >the document/literal form. You need to get round this idea of returning XML
> >in
> >a string from your service implementation. That can be kludged to work but
> >it's never going to be in the spirit of document/literal SOAP. Just
> >declaring
> >document/literal in your WSDL doesn't help if your service implementation
> >is
> >mal-designed.

> Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends
> http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Guy Rixon                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Institute of Astronomy                          Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA          Fax: +44-1223-337523