From: "Chris Nappin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Explicit response required from WS methods?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:48:14 +0100

Have a look at the various scenarios in the WS-I Usage Scenarios spec
http://www.ws-i.org/SampleApplications/SupplyChainManagement/2003-12/Usa
geScenarios-1.01.pdf - (not as scary as it sounds).

If you care about whether the operation really happened, or you want to
be able to receive a fault if anything went wrong, then use the
synchronous request/response scenario.

If you don't care (known as a "fire and forget" message) then use the
"one way" scenario.