Hi, I've submitted the following bug:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-199

I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem, and can share a solution? I am happy to dig into the Axis code if needs be, but I am under extreme time pressure - we need to switch our project to Axis 2 (because of a new WSDL) because Axis 1's schema support is very poor, especially in terms of attributes.

So far only Branko Kaucic seems to have experienced the problem, as per:
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@ws.apache.org/msg05119.html

Both my schema (attached to the bug) and Branko's seem correct, so the problem must lie with Axis. Also, the problem occurs reliably both with an extremely simple, and a very complex, WSDL.

regards,
Dawid Loubser