while I don't know how to access the context in the way you want, what
I've done is encapsulate the data access stuff (the initialcontext,
lookup datasource, etc) in a separate class, and when I need a
connection I call a method from that class. Then I initialize that
class on a servlet and bob's your uncle.

--
Javier Gonzalez Nicolini