Hi Paul,
         If the debugger doesn't help you, try to debug over TCP connection. You can enable debugging in the server. Let me know what server you are using and I can let you know how to enable debugging. Once you enable debugging, a TCP Port will open up and the server will print the port number on the standard output. U can use debugging tools like JDebugger which will attach to the TCP Port. Once attached, set code break points and you can quickly realize where it is giving exception. This environment setup might take a little while for you, but it pays to use proper debugging tools as you can see the workflow.
thanks
vishist.

On 10/3/05, Ron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
turn on debug for this log4j cateogory only - "org.apache.axis.EXCEPTIONS" - it is the category used for all faults
thrown on the server-side.