I am attempting to use Axis2 with some fairly complex (large, lots of includes/imports, etc) schema and working through a few problems. While working through these issues I tend to iterate over the different versions of Axis (0.9 to M2) to understand if I am seeing consistent behavior (particularly for M2) and to see if different versions shed more light on a given problem.

One difference between the 0.9 and M2 versions I have noticed is in the generation of stub/skeletons when using WSDL2Java. With M2 the data bindings don't seem to be generated automatically for you while in 0.9x they seem to be and I was hoping someone would have some insight into this issue. In particular an answer to the question if the direction of Axis2 is not to auto generate the data binding stubs, but instead allow the developer to use XmlBeans to generate the data bindings and then use those behind the default skeletons? This seems like a logical direction, but I was curious if it was an official direction.

cheers