--- "Grossberger, Guenter"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I don't exactly get what you want to monitor. You
> can watch the HTTP-Request and Response with the
> TCPMonitor:
> java org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon <ListenPort>
> <TargetHost> <TargetPort>
>
> Of course, you have to set instruct your client to
> send the request to <ListenPort> instead. If you're
> running Axis on Tomcat with Eclipse you can set
> breakpoints anywhere you like.
>
> You can also use the logging for monitoring
> purposes.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> DI Günter Grossberger
> Consultant             Tel: +43 1 329 50 161
> Software AG Österreich Fax: +43 1 329 50 171
> Guglgasse 7-9          GSM: +43 676 833 29 261
> 1030 Wien
> http://www.softwareag.com/austria

By monitor progress I mean the progress of the sending
and receiving of bytes from one end to the other.  I
want to be able to display good user feedback about
the progress of the outbound request and inbound
response.  I'm using attachments, and I need to be
able to show the progress better than simply giving an
indefinite progress meter that says uploading or
downloading files and bounces back and forth.  I was
wondering if anyone has any ideas they have working
now, or if anyone has some good ideas they might have
thought about on the topic.

Thanks for the input,

Wade