Ok, I checked once again my configuration, and I found that
axis-ant.jar is not present in my new application's lib directory, and
inside that jar there is the log4.properties...

now I copied that file in WEB-INF/classes and the warning disappear...
but still no log from my code... any ideas?

thanks, teo