It wasn't, so I did add it myself (assuming the right spot is in tomcat's
[.webapps.axis] directory. I also added the jar files that contain the
server's classes, but it seems non-existant still. Even after tomcat was
restarted.

in [.webapps.axis.classes] I found that the samples are not stored as .jar
files but expanded. Would I need to expand the jar files, or specify them in
stead of the full path:

Currently, it is sepcified as:

  <service name="OrganisatieWebServiceSoap" provider="java:RPC"
style="wrapped" use="literal">
      <parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace"
value="http://politie.nl/webservices/xpol/organisatie"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServiceElement" value="OrganisatieWebService"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="OrganisatieWebServiceSoap"/>
      <parameter name="className"
value="nl.politie.webservices.xpol.organisatie.OrganisatieWebServiceSoapSkel
eton"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlPortType" value="OrganisatieWebServiceSoap"/>

The .jar files is named: OrganisatieWebService.jar, containing the path
nl/politie/webservices/xpol/organisatie. There are a number of jars that
hold calsses used in the application.

The current system does NOT carry the domain "politie.nl" - just the
nodename. Does that matter?

Willem