Hello,
I have the similar problem. I try to create BPEL Process (by using Web Sphere), which uses Web Services with attachments.
Web Service gets/send back attachments.

It would be nice just to use generated WSDLs to create BPEL process, but
Web Sphere does not recognize any "apachesoap:DataHandler".

So far, I did not find any appropriate solution.

Are there any possibilities to generate appropriate WSDLs, which are understandable not only for AXIS-based clients?

I would very appreciate any help.
Thanks

German Sakaryan

Jarmo Doc wrote:
My WS needs to send attachments to clients. An individual response may contain more than one attachment. All attachments can be treated as untyped binary files.

Is it possible to indicate this in my service code so that (Axis 1.2) java2wsdl will produce something that will work? I can see that if I use java.awt.Image then my WSDL indicates apachesoap:Image and if I use javax.activation.DataHandler then my WSDL indicates apachesoap:DataHandler but I have zero confidence that these will mean anything to, for example, a gSOAP client.

PS I have read the WS-I and W3C specs as well as a dozen more documents on attachments and I think it's fair to say that what started out as a medium-difficulty problem has somehow been transformed into a complete nightmare.