I’ve been playing with this for awhile, and there just “seems” to be a lot of coupling that makes it difficult to do this.

Essentially I have a service running perfectly using the default serializer/deserializer for Axis 1.2

Now I would like to incorporate a REST interface on a few simple messages we support.

Scenario.

FooRequest and FooResponse are classes that work just fine.  They have been generated by WSDLtoJava and we use them with our service.

I now get a Post that contains parameters that allow me to create FooRequest from the httpRequest.  We scrub it and do it properly.

We then take FooRequest and pass it to our backend processor that knows how to return the FooResponse object.  Normally this object is passed back to the Axis engine and it handles it for non-REST input.

Now, all I really want to do is take FooResponse and use Axis Deserializer to generate XML or a DOM from which I can get to the XML so that I can write it back to the Web Client httpResponse.

How do I do that?  Is there not an easy way to use the getSerializer built into the generated objects and invoke it?  If so, what is the magic sequence to do this?

I’m hoping the answer is far shorter than the question.

Thanks for any help

-paul