Thanks Hansen, I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

The Web Service method is:
void methodName(BaseClass[]);

I have to pass a ChildClass object that extends BaseClass class as argument,
so I do:
methodName(new BaseClass[] {new ChildClass()});

When I look into SOAP request, I see only fields from BaseClass, but no
fields from ChildClass object. Both classes *are* generated by AXIS from
WSDL. Does AXIS/SOAP handle inheritance on input parameters? (it works well
for output parameters, e.g. BaseClass[] anotherMethod() returns ChildClass
objects inside the array)

Thanks, Jan

Hansen, Geir wrote:
I am in control of the server as well, and was using Axis to generate a
client for test purpose when I became aware of this problem. So I
thought that if Axis has such a problem other tools might have as well.
So I generated a dummy message on the server side having absolutely all
classes as arguments. Then at least Axis generates the classes on the
client side as well.

But of course, that won't help you as long as you have no control of the
server side.
Of course you could edit the WSDL file, add a dummy method in there (you
would never call it of course) and try to generate the axis client from
that.

But there should be another solution. Sorry I couldn't help you.