Hi all.

I’m implementing a new webservice for an existing product using Axis 1.3, and have a question.  Here’s what I’ve got:

In com.webservice,

        MyWebService.java             <- interface class

        MyWebServiceImpl.java       <- implementing class

        CustomObject.java

MyWebService has a method that uses CustomObject as an input attribute.  When I run WSDL2Java to create my server side bindings, I’m getting

In com.webservice.generated,

        MyWebService.java

        MyWebServiceService.java

        MyWebServiceServiceLocator.java

        MyWebServiceSoapBindingImpl.java

        MyWebServiceSoapBindingStub.java

         CustomObject.java

I open up MyWebServiceSoapBindingImpl.java, and begin adding the code to tie MyWebServiceSoapBindingImpl to my implementing MyWebServiceImpl class.  On the method call however, instead of the attribute being com.webservice.CustomObject, it’s com.webservice.generated.CustomObject.  This doesn’t seem right, as I can’t pass the attribute to my implementing class since it is expecting com.webservice.CustomObject.  I don’t think the CustomObject.java in com.webservice.generated should be there, or else I need to change the attribute type manually.  Am I missing or doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

Jerry Jalenak

Software Engineer

Netopia, Inc.