From: Ron Reynolds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 09:03
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: only top-level element has namespace [RESOLVED]

that was exactly the email i was hunting for and it WORKED PERFECTLY:
<xsd:schema ... elementFormDefault ="qualified">

i knew this question had been asked and answered - just gotta get better
at searching the archives i guess (the search form stripped the '=""'
from my search string and every email and its cousin has "xmlns" in it.)

lots of thanks. :)
.............ron.

axis-user@ws.apache.org
>                       com>                     cc:
>                                                Subject:  only
top-level element has namespace

"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
>                   xmlns:wsdl       =
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";>
>   <wsdl:types xmlns="urn:amgen.com/freezer/data">
>     <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:amgen.com/freezer/data">
>       <xsd:import namespace="urn:amgen.com/freezer/data"
> schemaLocation="freezer-data.xsd"/>
>       <xsd:element name="findVialsByAttributesRequest"
>                    type="data:TFindVialsByAttributesRequest"/>
>       <xsd:element name="findVialsByAttributesResponse"
>                    type="data:TFindVialsByAttributesResponse"/>
>     </xsd:schema>
>   </wsdl:types>
>   <wsdl:message name="FindVialsByAttributesRequest">
>     <wsdl:part name="request"
> element="data:findVialsByAttributesRequest"/>
>   </wsdl:message>
>   <wsdl:message name="FindVialsByAttributesResponse">
>     <wsdl:part name="response"
> element="data:findVialsByAttributesResponse"/>
>   </wsdl:message>
>
> i noticed the XSD doesn't explicitly call out qualified elements:
> <xsd:schema
>     targetNamespace="urn:amgen.com/freezer/data"
>     xmlns:data     ="urn:amgen.com/freezer/data"
>     xmlns:xsd      = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
>   <xsd:complexType name="TLocation">
>     <xsd:sequence>
>
> could that be a problem?  it still doesn't make sense why the SOAP
> message would EXPLICITLY strip the namespace from everything except
> the root element, or does it? :-/
>
> never giving up, ;-)

> -------- Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments,
> contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic
> communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary
> in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised
> that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying,
> distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.
Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this
communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in
advance for your cooperation.