Well, the tools.jar is not in the Classpath as you stated in step 2.  But tomcat compiles jsp

files when running jsp and it never had problems finding the compiler, so why do I need

to modify my classpath now that Axis needs to compile a jws ?

Mike

From: Developer Developer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 5:36 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Test JWS endpoint error

This is how it works on my machine - ( Windows XP)

Go to apache tomcat configure window ( Start->All Programs->apacheTomcat->ConfigureTomcat) . Click on java tab .

1.make sure the java virtual machine points to correct jvm.dll ( on my machine :C:\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\client\jvm.dll))

2. makesure all the necessary java jar files are listed in javaclasspath  ( on my machine -C:\Tomcat5_5\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin;C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\lib\tools.jar)