Is there any difference in case the Web Services are made out of Session EJBs? Or does WSS4J work the same way in that case?
Thanks!
Michael

you may want to look at WSS4J and UsernameTokens.  they're pretty
straight-forward as long as your client can support them.  they are part of
the WS-Security standard if you want to stick with "endorsed" authentication
mechanisms.  then on the server-side you'll typically need a JNDI interface to
your LDAP server to authenticate the user on that side.

hth.

Hi,
is there any tutorial or example for authenticating users of we services
by username and pass over HTTPS? Can anybody explain in more detail how
this works? Is there any alternative to it? I want to query axis web
sercvices from a portal. That uses LDAP for authetication. I would like
to use the same directory for authenticating the users at the web
services that are being queried.
Thanks for any help!
Michael