Hi Todd,

I'm not sure whether I'm missing something here in exactly what you want to do - you don't mention why you want to have the wsdl files and services outside WEB-INF. Anyway, I have a set up similar to what you describe. The wsdl files are accessible from a regular web page whiich is completely independent of axis (http://mips.gsf.de/projects/biors/biors_ws.html) because the services themselves are deployed on a cluster and the AxisServlet will not return my custom wsdl's, and in particular the service address,as I have written them if I use the ?wsdl or click on the wsdl link in AxisServlet (there's another thread about that, and I've already raised a jira to try to get this rectified). If I point WSDL2Java at these files, it will work fine, as I guess you have found, and I can use these stubs to then access my services within the axis webapp, which works fine for me.

I think what you are trying to do (if I underatand it correctly) is probably impossible - to have the wsdl files and the service at the same location outside axis/WEB-INF, as I think the services themselves will always have to be within axis/WEB-INF. I tried to have a look at modifying the AxisServlet code to solve the problem I had, but I needed an external jar file to build the axis source and nobody on the list could tell me where to find it, so I gave up and just went with the solution above.

Cheers,

Richard.

Todd Orr wrote:

guess not