Hi Anne, no criticism of your response intended here at all but it's absolutely maddening how these things came to be. What could have possessed anyone to do something like this (base the invocation of operation purely on the operation's parameters and not on the combination of the operation name plus its parameters)? And why hasn't it changed subsequently, now that we all know it's less than ideal. Even my cat could have got this one right ;-)

Doubtless, I don't understand the tortured history of SOAP.

From: Anne Thomas Manes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: * AXIS 1.2 - Stub invokes wrong operation on server side *
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:45:50 -0500

That's the way it works. Each operation must have a unique signature, where
the signature is the QName of the child element of the SOAP Body. In your
case, the two operations have identical signatures:
<request:ConflictOfInterestRequest>.

In all cases the request will be routed to the first operation. You must
define different input elements for each operation.

Anne

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/