in fact, there are quite a lot of articels, which insists not to use rpc/encoded and hopefully the few web services out there which are still using rpc/encoded will change it. this is very old style but unfurtunatelly axis 1.2 and i think also axis 1.3 has it set as default. but axis2 goes in the right direction and comes with a much faster engine for doc/literal. :)

besides the basic profile of the ws-i (http://www.ws-i.org/) insists on using doc/literal, which results in fewer bytes to transmit, because the types of the values are not transmitted! and the ugly array encoding in the soap envelope with multi-refs will belong to the past. :)

Alejandro Ariel de Lio schrieb:
I think that the thing is that when you do soap rpc literal messages you may find it difficult to validate messages in deserializing time. That's because you use the name of the wsdl message element and not the name of the xsd element itself. -----Mensaje original-----
*De:* Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Enviado el:* viernes, 03 de febrero de 2006 4:08
*Para:* axis-user@ws.apache.org
*Asunto:* Re: Document Literal vs Document Wrapped vs RPC Encoding

    Quite a few SOAP engines don't support rpc/literal, therefore
    doc/literal (wrapped or unwrapped) is a better idea than
    rpc/literal. I generally recommend using wrapped doc/literal for
    best interop and easiest development and configuration. Note that
    .NET supports wrapped doc/literal by default.

    Anne

    On 2/2/06, *Cyrille Le Clerc* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]